EnduroEdit

It would appear that audio and video professionals share a common characteristic: they tend to have the ability to focus on their work for very long periods at a time. In fact, the business has gotten to the point where this is almost an essential trait.

I will admit this is a very useful ability, but there is such a thing as going too far. My endurance record has to be the time I edited audio for 24 hours straight.

It was a radio theater-type show with voiceover, music, and sound effects that was being created to teach their sales department how to sell more effectively. I literally sat in front of the computer editing audio for 24 hours straight (minus a couple of very brief breaks for bathroom and food) in order to get the project done on time.

As I’m sure many of you know: in this situation coffee is your friend, time isn’t, and reality takes on a whole new meaning after awhile.

-Dave Hab

Comments

Popular Posts